Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Rest in Peace, Sweet Maddie....1/27/99 - 9/9/09

My poor Maddie (my lab that lived with my parents) passed away this afternoon. I am so bummed out about it, but I'm also glad that she is not suffering anymore. I got her when I was 17, and she was the BEST dog I've ever had. She has been suffering for a while now (just old age in general), and my mother called me the other day when she started doing really bad. Of course I had to go over there and sit with her, tell her how sorry I was, and cry with her for a little bit. She was soooo pitiful, she wouldn't even wag her tail, and that was her favorite thing to do! She just kept looking up at me with her sweet eyes, like she knew. Jake told me about her this afternoon....my mother called me, and then handed the phone to Jake to let him do the hard part. I'm okay though....she's so much better off now. I went over there and gathered up all of the pictures I had of her....unfortunately I don't have my scanner hooked up yet, so I'll have to post pictures of her later. She was such a great companion over the years, and definitely lived a great life. She will always have a special place in my heart, and I don't think I will ever have a bond with any other pup like I did with her. Not even my Jett that I have here. I didn't take her with me when Joe and I got married, simply because my parents have another lab, Moe, and they just couldn't be apart. Moe is so pitiful right now, he just cries and howls constantly.

OHH....and hopefully I'll be having a baby tomorrow. There's been a little problem. St. Vincent's L&D called me earlier this evening to inform me that they may not have any beds available in the morning. What the crap? Seriously? So I have to call in the morning when I wake up "to make sure there's a bed". The nurse said that it's been a mad house up there, and they've been really crowded with inductions, preterm laborers...and of course people just going into labor. If I don't get this child out of me soon, I don't know what I'm gonna do!! Now I'm really not gonna sleep tonight, worried that I may not get to be induced in the morning. Oh well.....when life hands you a bunch of dang lemons, you just gotta add some more ingredients and make you some lemonade!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Poor Maddie. Sweet puppy lived a good, long life and had a safe, loving home. Now, he can rest easier.

:(

Hey...you DO know the trick to get that baby out of you tonight...right???
:)
Let's up the rating from "G", okay?