Friday, November 14, 2008

Update on Trevor

Well, I took little man to see Dr. Hardwick yesterday. It was a blast, as usual. He screamed the whole entire visit, with the exception of taking a rest on my shoulder in between outbursts. Dr. Hardwick checked him for strep, and that was negative. His chest x-ray was "patchy" so he's getting treated for pneumonia. Boy, do I feel like an excellent parent. If you take your child to the doctor at the first signs of a cold, you get looked at like an idiot....trust me, I know. But then if you wait it out, and they get worse, you still look like an idiot....go figure. So, I am sitting at home with him today, because there's just no way I could send him to daycare. I had every intention of it yesterday....until last night that is. We pulled an all-nighter again. He still has a fever, and just CANNOT quit coughing. Not to mention the "panting" that he does after his little coughing fits. I hate that feeling when theres nothing you can do for them but just hold them. Hopefully with a few days of his antibiotics, we can kick this nastiness!

9 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

I hope Trevor gets well soon! I have learned that about going in for a cold, I've done it a couple of times. Hopefully he will be feeling better in a couple of days.

Stanley Family said...

So sorry to hear that Trevor has been sick. Pneumonia seems to be affecting alot of people this year. Madelyn's pediatrician says she has seen several cases of it this week so it is probably good that you did take him in. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Rachel said...

poor trevor man! i hope he gets to feeling better very soon and i'm sure he will. come on down and visit us anytime!!!! give him a hug from his buddy brady cole and i'll be calling you soon. have a good wk/end.
love ya

The Hall's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hall's said...

Sorry to hear about Trevor, we are fighting the same mess, ear infection, cold, and the antibiotics she was taking made her so sick. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Lee said...

Hey Staci,
Thanks for your help today. I hope Trevor feels better soon. I know how much fun a sick baby can be =).

Lee

The Davidson's said...

Bless his heart, I hope he gets better soon!! Thank you for my comment, we love her so much!!

Mandy said...

I hope that baby feels better soon!!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

poor buddy! i hope your week is going better and that baby is feeling better!