Monday, November 24, 2008

One Bad Night

So, last night I decided to relieve my mom, and spend the night with Pops. For those of you who don't know, my grandfather is terminally ill, and he's just about to the point where he's needing one-on-one care. So I geared up for the night and went to stay with him. Besides, my mother is a God-send and does absolutely everything that she can for everyone around her. I felt that I owed her the duty of sitting with Pops last night.

Everything was going just dandy until about 3:30 am, when I got a frantic call from Joe. I thought "ha, now he knows the joys of waking up a 3 am to get milk". But that wasn't the case at all. In a tired voice he says, "Stace....Trevor's done fell off the bed and gashed his eye open" ---- Not the call you want to get at 3:30 in the morning when your at Pop's house, and you really don't have any "relief" to come. So, Pops was awake, and I told him what was going on. Bless his heart, all he kept saying was "just go, just go...I'll be alright until daylight."

So we headed off for visit # 2 in the past year for Mr. Trevor. Did I mention that my child takes full advantage of the fact that I work at Children's ER? I hope we have no more visits there for a while! Love working there, but don't necessarily love my child having to be a patient there! We won't even go into detail about the screaming fit he had when we put him in the papoose....and the sheet...and the aspen collar!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Poor little Trevor!! I bet it scared you to death! I think little boys are just accident prone though. Hope you guys have a good (and accident-free) Thanksgiving!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

goodness girl, you have had a bad couple of weeks! i hope your granddad is feeling better and i hope mr trevor stays out of the er for awhile!!