Friday, July 31, 2009

33 weeks

Excuse my fake smile, but Joe took this picture last night, and I had just worked 3 12hr shifts in a row...on terbutaline might I add. Not easy, but I made it! You can ask my co-workers....I wouldn't really say I "worked" but ,whatever, I was there. Maybe not mentally, but my big ole' body was there! Maybe I will post a bare belly shot soon, because this picture doesn't nearly show how huge my belly is. Joe didn't do a good job last night, so I'll take another one soon!

So I got to spend last Sunday night in L&D once again, but this time I was having contractions 2-4 minutes apart...SO I got more terbutaline (3 times this go around) and some IV fluids to stop these things. They are no joke. They waited until my doctor got there to d/c me, and I asked him WHY in the world my body does this. I did the same exact thing with Mr. Trevor at the same exact week in my pregnancy. I think after 31-32 weeks my body just says "okay, I'm done....get baby out now!" Poor baby Andrew is getting squeezed to death in there, but he looks great, and seems to be tolerating all of this pretty good. When my uterus is not squashing him, he's doing gymnastics in there...or karate...or whatever. He's beating the crap out of me!

So for the past few days I've pretty much been popping pills around the clock. I don't know how anyone takes terbutaline....I guess I'm sensitive to it, but it makes me feel like absolute CRAP. I am a nervous wreck on it, and I can't breathe or think right. And it's actually a drug that you give asthmatics or "COPDers", but it makes my heart beat so stinkin' fast, I have to breathe fast to keep up with it! I'm worn out! But....the most important thing is knowing that this is worth EVERY second for a healthy little angel. I don't care what it takes to keep this little man in a few more weeks, I'm gonna do it.

And yes, my father will be so proud....I cut my hours at work almost in half starting next work week. It's time. I'm tired, and I need to rest....I know when to say when.

3 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

girl, i feel your pain. that stuff does stink, but it works! anything to get mr. andrew a few more weeks. you look great. enjoy it i already want another one of those with another baby boy:)!! yes, i know, i am crazy! they just grow up so fast, though!

Stanley Family said...

You look great Stacy and you still haven't lost your sense of humor even though you are not feeling so great! You are so funny!!! Take care of yourself and get some rest because with 2, rest is hard to come by!!

Ashley Trammell said...

I hate that stuff too. They gave it to me with Brady and I was completely out of it and it still didn't work. With Jordyn I was having contractions every minute but they gave me IV fluids and it helped that time cause I told them I did not want that stuff. I hope you feel better soon though. You look great!