Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Getting Ready for Brother....

The other night, I walked into my room, and this is what I found. He found this little guy in his closet (it was on his wreath when I was in the hospital with him), and he has pretty much been obsessed with him....not in a girly way, but he looks out for him. He brings him to me all the time with his little blue diaper off, letting me know that "baby stinks doo doo balls". I just smile and say, "well, okay....let's get him cleaned up for Heaven's sake!" I think someone is gonna really be looking out for baby Andrew....maybe a little too much...but we'll see! We've been practicing being soft and gentle with this little man, so maybe brother won't suffer any skull fractures!!

I went for my 32 week check up today, and everything is okay....just getting bigger by the second it seems. Dr. Goolsby asked me if he needed to write me a prescription for Terbutaline that I could take at home for contractions, and I declined...I would rather have contractions that take that mess....it is the most aweful drug on this earth. He also asked me if I was still working, and I told him how I get more rest at work that I do at home....so there was no talking about cutting my hours back. Literally, I am more rested when I am at work than I am at home chasing Trevor. I know that sounds aweful, but it's true at this point. I am getting too big and out of breath to chase his fast little self!! One good thing about today's visit....I did not have to get "checked"....yesssss! I quickly expressed to him how much I loved that decision! SO....another 2 weeks, and I'll head on back, and I'll be 34 weeks...I can't believe it! AND I'm still working....whooo hoooo! I will not go down without kicking and screaming this time!

3 comments:

Jennifer and Mark Kiel said...

Hey Staci! I'm Jennifer; I actually saw/met you a few wks ago in the ED w/ my newborn. I used to work in the ED.....Anyway, just saw your blog and I'm thinking about you. I took terb orally w/ my first and then w/ the 3rd I had the T-pump. Not fun at all; it is "the devil" drug!! Just wanted you to know that (as you know) it's such for a good reason. Thinking of you - good luck w/ the last few weeks and please don't work too hard ;-). And I love Andrew Jacob, those were 2 of our top choices!! Take care of yourself.

Mark, Allison, Dylan & Brinley said...

That is so sweet! I am glad you are doing good! I know what you mean about being more rested at work! I am the same way! I wish I had half the energy Dylan does! They are something else!

Jaime said...

hi staci - i am glad i ran across your blog ... sounds like you are doing good. Congrats on the 2nd lil' boy. Take care of yourself.
I can only imagine how tiring chasing a 2 yr old around, being pregnant and working ... Brady is 18 months old and wears me out!