Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Update 26 Week Visit

This morning I went for the "dreaded" glucose tolerance test, which really isn't that bad if you ask me. The only thing that was bad was the wait. My appointment was at 9:00, and I wasn't seen until oh...about 10:15. That's never happened since I've been seeing Dr. Goolsby (about 12 years) so I couldn't complain. God love him, he looked so busy...and from my understanding he had alot with his other pts in the hospital going on...you know, the ones that we actually in labor. So that made it alot more understanding.

So after I finally got to see him, we listened to sweet baby boy (still no name) who actually kicked the doppler. Needless to say, Dr. Goolsby was very impressed with his strong little heartbeat, and his strength. What can I say? I guess this will be another aggressive little stinker! He handed me my tasty little beverage, and before he could turn around...I was handing him an empty cup. He started laughing and said "My, My...party girl, huh?" I just responded with "used to be, way back in the day!" What I wanted to say was "look, I've been fasting all morning, and my blood sugar is rapidly taking a plunge....can we just get this over with?" I was STARVING! So the dreaded hour went by, and there I was back in the office.

I passed the test with flying colors....which I really wasn't worried about at all, being that I have the opposite problem most of the time! They did check a CBC, and my iron level was pretty low. I don't really know how, because I eat everything that I can get my hands on. And I never had that issue when I was pregnant with Trevor. Oh well, every pregnancy is different I guess! So they put me on some iron pills for the time being...whoooo hooo!!

Now I get to start going back every 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregancy is flying by! This little man will be here before I know it!

No comments: