Saturday, April 05, 2008

HELP!!!

Hello to all of my blogger friends. Well, I have been pretty lucky the past 14 months. You see, I haven't had to technically put my child in daycare yet. My husband also works 12's, so luckily, depending on his schedule, we only needed someone 1-2 days every other week. I was informed the other day that he would start working 8hr shifts, 5 days a week. So that means no more "Daddy-daycare". I only work every other week, and I work 12 hour shifts. So I really only need someone to keep Trevor 3 days EVERY OTHER WEEK. I think that it would be absolutely ridiculous for me to have to pay that dreaded $400 + a month for only 3-4 days every other week. SO, I have to manage to find my child a daycare, or someone to keep him by MAY 12...short notice, huh? I have been using Near and Dear at Children's Hospital (for employee's children) up until now. But you're only allowed 35 days of care per year (it's considered temporary care). I can continue to use them until my days run out, so that will buy me a few months.

With that being said....

Does ANYONE out there know of a daycare, or an individual at that, that lets you pay them by the amount of days you use, not just a flat fee for the whole month? I am really stressing out about this....I am desperate! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I need help!

I've thought about just quitting my job, so that I could stay at home with him....HAH just kidding....that'll never happen! It's nice to dream about it though!

8 comments:

TheHallmarks said...

Just suck it up and pay $700 a month

Anonymous said...

Just Bring him to gulf shores,we'll keep him.

Anonymous said...

Send him to me!

Susan

Holly Dodd said...

When he gets a little bit older, (2 years) you can pay by two or three days a week. They are a lot more flexible then. Until then you may be stuck!

Holly Dodd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Bring that baby to Auburn! I'll keep him... Check on church daycare. My brother and sis-n-law have the same problem. My church daycare at home is much cheaper, and they really work with them on the price. Just an opinion for a non-mommy for now. Good luck!!

Love you,
Mandy T.

The Rice Family said...

bring that baby to me i would love to keep him! morgan would love to have a little one around to play with! seriously i would love to keep him! (i dont work so i dont mind)

The Johnsons said...

The Methodist Church in PG lets you just drop your child in, meaning you can use them when you need them. I think it is only $25 a day, and I have heard wonderful things about them. GOOD LUCK!