Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Trevor!!


Well, it's official...I have a one year old. Some of you reading this are probably thinking, dang, how many times is she going to mention Trevor's 1st birthday? (Kam imparticularly). I'm sure those of you who are mothers understand where I'm coming from. But here I go again. Today is the real birthday. It's hard to believe 1 year ago I was in the hospital with a brand new baby boy. My how time does fly. It's just amazing to me how God can use such a tiny individual to make you realize what life's really all about. It's not about how much money you have, or how many fancy trips you can take around the world. It's about being happy with the things around you, and realizing how truly blessed you are. You see, in this past year, I've learned more about myself than I have in the 26 years I've been here on earth. I've stopped wishing I had this, and that...and opening my eyes to what I DO HAVE. I have a wonderful husband and family that love me, a job that I adore (except in the winter...ha), and most of all, a healthy child. In my eyes, it does't get much better than that. In this past year, Trevor has played a major role in showing me the meaning of true love and happiness. I can't imagine my life without him, or remember what it was like before him. Happy 1st birthday, my angel!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. I understand EXACTLY how you feel. Happy Birthday to Trevor!

love susan

The Rice Family said...

happy late b'day trevor!

Vikki said...

Wonderful post and how true your words are! He is such a cutie!

The Lantrip Family said...

Staci! He is the cutest little thing! Can you believe he is one. I looked at his birthday pics and WOW did he have a big day. Coleman had a birthday hat just like his and of course wouldn't keep it on. Trevor and Coleman need to be buds they are only like on week apart. If they are anything like us, they are going to be some little stinkers!!! Happy Birthday Trevor, your a cutie pie!!!