Thursday, February 11, 2010

3 Year Old Visit

Today we went for our 3 year old visit with Dr. Hardwick. Trevor always has to cause a good scene when we get called to the back. He had a melt down after we took his shoes and pants off. Those of you who have never witnessed a Trevor melt down, consider yourself fortunate. This child can throw a fit, and has been able to since the day he was born!! He weighed 35 lbs and was 37 1/2 inches tall...we think. Those are the closest measurements we could get. He has lost 2 lbs since last week, but that's okay. He hasn't had an appetite due to the strep throat (man, I wish something would take my appetite away...ha ha). Then he got his finger pricked...which he was NOT a big fan of....threw another fit, and cried until Dr. Hardwick came in the room.

When Dr. Hardwick came in, he just carried on a conversation with him like he's known him forever. He let him look in his ears and throat like a big boy. He also let him listen to his lungs with no problem...I was very surprised. He even told him all about what he got for his "birfday". It was cute.

Then came time for 2 shots....oooohhhh my! He's quite the little fighter....he was screaming at the nurse and me...."GET OFF ME", "STOP IT"!!!! Since we left the office, he's been complaining about his leg hurting, and I just figured he was trying to milk this shot thing for all it's worth. I just looked at it a while ago, and I feel SO sorry for him. I guess it's from him fighting, but he has a huge knot where he got the shots. It looks painful. But I also know how hard it is to hit a moving target, so I can't blame the nurse. Sometimes it helps to be on both sides, because if I didn't know any better, I would've already called them wanting to know why his leg was swollen.

While we were in the office, Dr. Hardwick also took a quick listen to Andrew to confirm what I've already diagnosed him with... : ) He now has bronchiolitis...yay!!! Good thing is, he is still eating and he is still happy and hydrated. As long as that's the case, I'm not gonna worry about it!! He's my little trooper!

No comments: