Friday, August 28, 2009

The Only Child is Almost "Big Brother"

Well....we are almost there...I think! I went for my 37 week visit 2 days ago, and to think this pregnancy is almost over blows my mind. I was 1.5cm dialated, and I have gained 6lbs in 1 week....that's right....6lbs. I thought I was getting really swollen over the last week, and I was right! Yesterday when I woke up, my feet were so swollen, my toes didn't touch the ground. And my hands were so swollen, I couldn't even make a fist without them hurting. Needless to say, I did not go to work, because my whole body was hurting!

I am getting so excited about meeting my new baby boy, and I think Trevor is too. He knows that "Baby Andree" (he can't say Andrew) lives in mommy's tummy, and I keep telling him that he will come and play with him soon. He just grins from ear to ear...like he's doing in the picture above. I can't imagine loving another child as much as I do him, but I know I will, and I'm not nearly as worried about it as I was in the beginning of this pregnancy. I think that's a fear that every mother goes through the second time around.

Regardless, Andrew Jacob Cox's little stubborn butt will be here the week of Labor Day, because if I don't go into labor before then, that's when Dr. Goolsby will enduce me. I wish sooner, but you can't take chances on these little kiddos having breathing issues, and I'm okay with that! I should've known he would take the same route his big brother did. Terbutaline to keep me from not having them, then having to make them come....that's some stubborn little boys for you! Oh well...I'm going to be one tired momma with these two stinkers!

6 comments:

Mark, Allison, Dylan & Brinley said...

I know you are SO ready to have Andrew here! I can't wait to see pics! I know he is going to be precious!

Jenn said...

Bless you! I know how miserable you are...you're almost there!!!!

Ashley Trammell said...

I know you are miserable. I hate the end. YOu will love him the same but it did take me awhile to get adjusted. I am glad Trevor is so excited!

Roxanne Crane said...

Sure fire way to go into labor. Natalie was not even dilated as much as you. Eat eggplant Parmesan and you will head onto the hospital.I fed it to her on Friday night and the leftovers on Saturday night. 2:00 am Sunday morning we were on the way. You can make it or get it at Lovoy's on Greensprings. I did see it in frozed foods at Publix, but Lovoy's would be your best bet.
Good Luck, Natalie's mom

*Staci* said...

I have heard that about the eggplant parmesan...gonna have to make a trip to Lovoys tomorrow after swimming with the family all day...that should do me in! If that doesn't work, then dang...we'll just have to wait it out!

Kim said...

Can't wait to see pics of him! I know you are ready to get your hands on that sweet little fella!! Trevor is going to be so sweet with him!!