Wednesday, August 05, 2009

34 Weeks...in the Home Stretch!

WHEWWWW!(that's me trying to breath...) It's almost over! I went for my 34 week appointment today, and everything is going great...other than having contractions all of the time. We have come to the conclusion that it's just something my body does, and I'm just gonna have to deal with it...so I am! I am no longer taking Terbutaline, because the side effects are too enormous for me to deal with. I am one of those few that just can't take it, I guess. On the smallest dose, I have palpitations, loss of appetite, nervousness, psychosis...you name it! I feel MUCH better just being off of that mess. And it really didn't even work....I was back in L&D (hopefully for the last time) this past weekend. I was a dehydrated on top of being in some pretty intense pain....so that landed me another night at St V's.

Soooo...like I said, everything went well today, just a typical visit. Baby Andrew is looking good. I asked Dr. Goolsby if he thought he was going to be a big baby, and he felt on my belly for a minute....smiled, and said "feels like a 34 weeker". I think he feels like a 42 weeker myself, but oh well. I was suprised to see that I have not gained any weight over the past 4 weeks, and I think Dr. Goolsby was surprised as well. I assured him that it was from the terbutaline, and not to worry....my next appointment will be a different story, I'm sure! Next time we're also getting an ultrasound of the little guy to see how everything looks. I told him I was gonna try my best to be a very good pt, because I only have 6 more weeks left. He just laughed and smirked and said..."no you don't". So we shall see!! Won't be too much longer!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You look great...glad to hear you are doing well!!!