Wednesday, May 13, 2009

22 Weeks, Already?

Boy, time flies when you're having fun, right? I went to see Dr. Goolsby for my 22 week visit this morning. Everything looks great so far...little man had a good strong heart beat. My blood pressure was good, weight...okay. I can say that I'm not gaining weight like I did with Trevor at least. I've gained 15lbs so far, but I look at the bright side, I'm already over half way there...I'll take 15 more pounds if I have to...:) I gained like 45-50lbs with Trevor, so I think I'm doing pretty well! But really, anybody who knows me, knows that I can eat my weight in food, and I'm not about to watch what I eat while I'm pregnant!! Although I do have a cute little (well, big) bridesmaid's dress to fit into on June 13th, and I don't have a whole lot of growing room, so I am saying a little prayer that I don't blow up between now and then!

Next visit I have to do the the glucose tolerance test, which isn't bad at all (I don't know why people hate it so much...it's really not that bad). I'm not worried about it whatsoever, though, because I have the OPPOSITE problem. My blood sugar always plumits without warning...heck, I don't know why, I eat like a horse. But....after next visit, then I will start going every 2 weeks. Dr. Goolsby asked me if I've started having contractions yet, and yes I have, but they're not regular. They're just the Braxton Hicks...but some of them are no joke. I am determined that we ARE NOT going down the same path as my last trimester with Trevor. For those of you who don't know....well, I'm not gonna explain, because I don't have the energy. And that's beside the point, because it's not gonna happen with this one!! I can't BELIEVE how fast things are going....this little boy will be here before we know it!!

And no, sweet baby boy (that's what I call him) does not have a name yet. I have some favorites, and so does Joe, but of course...we can't agree on anything. I wish Trevor was old enough to understand everything....I would just let him name his brother!! My goal is to have a name picked BEFORE we get to the hospital to have him, but who knows, we may not!!

Oh, and I will try my best to post recent pics tonight....just haven't had the time, because my computer is from the dark ages and takes forever to upload them. But I'll try, I promise!!

1 comment:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

i would not recommend going to the hospital without a name! that was the hardest thing for us. poor jax was named something totally different for about 2 hours and then he had no name for awhile and finally he became jaxson:)!!

where are those cute belly pics!!