Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Baby Update!

I went to the doctor this afternoon for my 12 week visit, and everything went perfect. Trevor was even an angel, and that is totally out of character for him. The only time he got upset was when the nurse was checking my blood pressure, and when she used the doppler on my belly. He hushed fussing after he heard the little heartbeat, though. He started looking around, like "where is that noise coming from?" The nurse didn't count how fast the heartrate was, she just said it was "fast". She is guessing that the baby is a girl, but that's also what she guessed with Trevor!

Much to my surprise, I haven't put on not one single pound since my last visit. I weighed the same as I did 4 weeks ago. That actually makes me feel pretty good, because by this time with Trevor, I had already gained like 15 pounds. You'd think that I had put on alot of weight, though, judging by my gut...it's definitely expanding! I don't mind at all though, I just want a healthy fat baby!

Dr. Goolsby said that everything looks great...so he would see me in 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks. He said he was doing that so that he would be seeing me right around 18 weeks. That way I don't have to wait 2 more visits for the big ultrasound....I'll get to see that sweet baby in 5 weeks! Joe and I are still torn about finding out the sex of the baby. I think we'll end up cheating because I am the most impatient person ever...I just don't think that I can wait 28 more weeks to find out! Dr. Goolsby says that his vote is for a girl, considering how different my 2 pregnancies have been. And this one is full of morning sickness and nausea, which is one of the only things that I didn't have the pleasure of experiencing with Trevor. So we shall see!

I will upload more pictures tomorrow. Right now I cannot hold my eyes open any longer!

6 comments:

Ashley Trammell said...

Well both of my pregnancies were way different. I also gained 28 pounds with Brady and only 12 pounds with Jordyn. You don't have time to gain weight the second time cause your chasing a little one already. Maybe it's a girl. I would like to think I couldn't find out the sex but I was always so ready to know by then and so I could go shopping. Maybe you can do it though. Cute pics!

Mark, Allison, Dylan & Brinley said...

I am so happy for ya'll! I can't wait to see what you guys are having! Do you have any names picked out yet?

Tiffany said...

Congrats Stacey!! Trevor is so precious! Joe and I did not find out the sex with our second pregnancy and it made it so much fun. It was REALLY hard because I'm such a planner, but it made the delivery day even more special! Good luck with everything!

Mandy said...

I'm so proud for ya'll! I bet it's a girl! Any name ideas yet? I got my job in the PACU at Children's!! Sherrie said I can come work PRN in the ER whenever I get settled in. I'm so excited. I came and visited the ER, but no Staci! When I get home we definitely all need to go to Sip and Stroke! I'm praying for your pregnancy to keep on going great! Love you!

The Pruitt's said...

Hey Stacey! I am so glad everything looked good at the Dr. I hope it is an easy pregnancy from here on out.

Jamie said...

Congrats!! I had not heard that you were expecting again!