Friday, June 06, 2008

Trying Week....

Whewww....I did not think the past week would ever end. I have worked at Children's ER for the past 4 (almost) years, and I can honestly say that this past work week was the hardest ever. I know that I, along with all of my co-workers, am truly called to do what I do every day.

Most of you may have heard of the 6 year old boy from Pleasant Grove that went to be with the Lord on Saturday, May 31st. His precious mother is actually a co-worker of mine. I ask that everyone please lift the Peeks family up in your prayers. Pray for their strength in this horrible time of loss.

I also would like to request prayer for all of my collegues that were working in the ER on this tragic day...including myself. I am still in utter shock and disbelief. But I know that GOD has bigger plans....that's the only way I can do what I do. My husband once asked me, "Staci, why in the world do you do what you do?" "All you see is tragedy after tragedy." Well, that's not true. I see miracles every day as well. And after all of the tragedies that I do come in contact with, it's that one miraculous case that makes my job worth while.

1 comment:

Alex,Erica & Caleb said...

I'm so sorry for the past week you had.I will continue to pray for the Peek family,you and your coworkers.