Thursday, September 16, 2010

Andrew's 12 Month Check-up

Well, big boy had his one year check-up this afternoon. It's hard to believe in just one year, he's gained 16 lbs and 12 oz, he's grown 9 3/4 inches, and his head has expanded 4 1/2 inches. Wow. That just blows my mind. That's kinda a fun way to look at things, but also sad...he's growing way too big, way too fast!

Today he weighed in at 24lb 13oz, was 30 3/4 inches tall, and his noggin was 19 inches. He's a healthy boy, and we are so blessed! I did see a side of my little man that I've never experienced, nor has Dr. Hardwick. He threw a FIT the whole time Dr. Hardwick was examining him. He's always so laid back and smiling. Well....not this time. He was ticked! His little face turned 12 shades of red, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. That also got him good and worked up by the time we get to the shots. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 year old fight that hard...and trust me, I've fought quite a few working in the ED. Whheeewww, it took 3 of us to hold him down. God love him, he was READY to get the heck out of there!

Trevor: Mommy, he's mad!

Me: You think? I don't know what would make you think that, son. (By this time, Andrew is red-faced, tears streaming down his face, snot everywhere...you get the picture)

Trevor: Just look at him. He's got bandaids on both his legs and his toe. It's okay wittle buddy (speaking to Andrew)

Me: Yah...I think I would be mad, too.

I just love these little fellas to pieces!

No comments: