Friday, March 07, 2008

One Year Check-Up

Well, sorry no pictures again. We haven't exactly been in the mood for pictures here lately. We went to see Dr. Hardwick yesterday for our one year check up. Chunky butt weighed 24lbs 6oz and is 31 1/4 inches tall. What a big boy! He was actually pleasant when the nurse came in with the shots. She walked in, and he let out a big "hey", and waved at her. Little did he know what was in store for him...3 big shots...ooouchh! Poor guy, I didn't think he would ever stop crying. Oh, and not to mention, we have ANOTHER ear infection. I just hung my head. I feel so bad for my little guy. For the past 4-5 weeks, we've been battling these friggin' ear infections. First both ears, then the right, now the left. I mentioned tubes, and Dr. Hardwick wants to give the antibiotics one more try. And plus, winter is almost over, and he said that kids with multiple ear infections tend to do better in the spring and summer. Soooo....here we go with another round of antibiotics (this makes 4 in the past month). He said if this doesn't clear things up, we would definitely revisit our conversation about tubes. Please keep my poor little guy in your prayers...I know it's minor compared to what some of you are going through (and have been through), but it's a big deal to me...and my sanity!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

poor trebor...we have another one as of yesterday too!!!!!! thankfully just the left one instead of both, but who wants an ear infection? we're taking that butt reddening augmentin once again. i can handle the poopies as long as it clears up those ears. hope he feels better soon!!!!! i hate ear infections.

Melanie and Scott said...

My baby hasn't had any ear infections... I am soo proud. She is da bomb!!! On a serious note, hang in there...this too shall pass.

scott russell

Ashley Trammell said...

He will be in our prayers. I hope he feels better.