Friday, March 02, 2007

Special Little Boy

Okay, I will get a little sentimental on this post. This morning, we came across this outfit that MiMi gave Trevor when I was 18 weeks pregnant. Since he can wear it now, we decided to make some pictures in it. My mom gave me this outfit the day that I had an area on my back removed due to melanoma. It's actually a really neat story. I made an appointment with my dermatologist in early September because when I got pregnant...we'll just say my skin went crazy. I've never had acne before in my life, and I was FURIOUS about how my back and face looked. As soon as Dr. Jacobson looked at my back she said, "hmmm...that's got to come off." I'm thinking...heck yeah, it's got to come off. Little did I know she was talking about a mole on my back. She scraped it off with a scapel, and sent it to the lab. She told me someone would get back with me on the results. That was on a Tuesday, so on Friday I scooted on down to Panama City with my friends from work for the weekend. After returning home on Monday, I got a call from Dr. Jacobson's office telling me that I needed to come right in and have the skin around that mole taken out. I'm still thinking, no big deal. So I go to her office, and she starts drawing on my back. I knew then that this was not a small area of skin like I had anticipated. This was a CHUNK of skin. Still kind of kidding around I asked her if she was planning to take my whole back off. She looked at me very seriously, grabbed my chart and circled the lab results, and said..."Staci, this kills people." I just sat there, and immediately started crying (as I did many time throughout my pregnancy). Then she pointed to my belly and said, "you can thank that little baby for saving your life, because if it weren't for him you wouldn't have come to see me for your acne, and then we wouldn't have known about this mole on your back." So, from that moment on, I embraced the acne, and didn't ask "why me?" anymore. This story is a prime example of the fact that God does not make mistakes. He knows what he's doing, and we shouldn't question His intentions, even though sometimes we selfishly do...like in my case. If I would have waited until I was "ready" to have a baby, I probably wouldn't be here. So now I look at my little miracle, and thank God for him every day because he saved my life...in more ways than one!

5 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

amen sister! thank god for our miracles!!

LaNaye,Rickey,Nolan and Cameron Washburn said...

hey staci!! I use dr. jacobson too! she is wonderful!! had acne issues while i was pregnant too mine is slowing going away and Cameron is 6 weeks old! god works in many ways!! amen!! :) trevor is adorable lil man :) very sweet post

JANA said...

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Now I go every year to get checked. Make sure you go and continue to get checked! I am glad you are alright. Thanks to Trevor!

jana

JANA said...

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Now I go every year to get checked. Make sure you go and continue to get checked! I am glad you are alright. Thanks to Trevor!

jana

Anonymous said...

Staci, I love this post. Makes Trevor all the more special! We love him and he is a sweetie!